Fishing is to man the same way Baseball is to America. It’s a favored pastime that people have been enjoying for generations. In fact, it’s even better than Baseball since you can eat the fish you catch. We wouldn’t really recommend trying to eat a baseball after catching one. Might taste a little bit rough. Fish, on the other hand, are delicious and can be enjoyed in so many ways. Cook them, fry them, deep fry them, enjoy them as sushi, or don’t eat them at all. Take the big catch and have it hung up on the wall. It is your choice of what you do when you catch the big fish, just like you have a choice of how you want to catch it. You could do it from the dock, from a fishing boat, or maybe the best option yet, from a pontoon boat.
Pontoon boats offer a variety of benefits that can help make your fishing trip that much more enjoyable. They are designed for comfort, along with versatility. They can be the perfect family boat and the perfect fishing boat without having to change anything on the boat itself. What is it about pontoon boats that make them such great fishing boats? Let’s take a look at some of the reasons why below.
- Spacious: Pontoon boats tend to be pretty spacious. Even the smaller models have room for people to move around. You don’t want to be smacking each other with your fishing pole when you are trying to cast. You also don’t want your friend tripping over things when they are getting the net to help with your catch.
- Comfortable: Fishing can sometimes be a day long thing, and you don’t want to spend the entire day sitting on hard plastic chairs or having no room to stretch out. With a pontoon boat, you have plenty of seating options that come with padding and space to stretch a bit. This is great for fishing, and for when you get back to shore and get off the boat. You won’t feel stiff or uncomfortable from sitting awkwardly all day long.
- Shade: Pontoon boats typically have optional shade attachments that you can keep down to have a more open feel, or put up to get out of the sun for a little while. You can cast out a reel, get in the shade, and wait for that bit. It also gives anyone with you that is not fishing a comfortable place to relax while you are on the bow of the ship, catching fish.
- Stability: The design on a pontoon boat makes it incredibly more stable than your typical one hull boat. You can move around the boat without worrying about balance, or have to balance as you reel in the big catch of the day. The stability also adds to the comfort aspect of the pontoon boat.
- Sits Higher on the Water: Pontoon boats tend to sit up higher in the water than other boats due to their design. They give them access to more areas than other boats. They can float in shallow water, or go over shallow areas to get to different fishing spots.
All in all, they make for great fishing boats that can be used for a multitude of reasons, from fishing to relaxing to simply cruising the waterways. For the most variety in fishing areas and types of fish to catch, look at a Fiesta Marine Pontoon Boat, designed to be equally capable in both freshwater and saltwater environments. For more information or to get started on your own Fiesta Boat, contact us today at (727) 856-6900.